Philip hymanson's mediator profile
For scheduling, please use the form below:
- Business / Corporate Law
- Catastrophic Injury
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Corporate Governance
- Employment Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Sports and Entertainment
- Transportation - Land/Sea/Air
- White Collar Crime
- Wrongful Death
- Martindale Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rating
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 1%, 2015-2018
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite: The Silver State's Top Attorneys
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation 2011-2018
- VEGAS INC., Top Lawyers, Litigation
- Who’s Who Legal Product Liability Defense
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Litigation- Real Estate, 2013-2018
As a prosecutor, lobbyist, civil trial lawyer, and teacher of trial advocacy, Philip Hymanson has lived litigation for decades. With more than 130 jury trials, Mr. Hymanson has settled cases before discovery has begun, on the doorstep of the court house, and nine months into trial.
Philip brings his considerable experience in mediations, arbitrations, settlements, and trial to help parties better understand their cases and to decide on their best course of action. Understanding the strengths and weakness of your case from a trial lawyers perspective gives a very different insight than most settlement conferences.
The perspective of an experienced trial lawyer giving insight from inside the well of the courts can often lead to better pre-trial decisions. Simple or complex, the valuation of a case based upon the potential jury composition, the motions in limine, and your trial theme can impact your bottom line dramatically.
Hymanson Trial Solutions was designed to teach, resolve, and understand the complexities of cases from their infancy to settlement. The best result is always an informed result.
Commercial and Business Litigation
Abuse of Process. Obtained a multimillion dollar verdict for 4th generation Nevada Family plus a multimillion dollar award of punitive damages, after a jury trial in State Court against a large Nevada real estate developer.
Foreclosure. Represented a family whose home was wrongfully foreclosed on, resulting in a multimillion dollar settlement.
Mining. Represented an International mining company in a dispute involving millions of dollars and the survival of the company in the courts of Tonopah, Nevada.
Represented an international logistics service company in a tort case.
Obtained a defense verdict in a business litigation case where the plaintiff was seeking a multimillion dollar judgment.
Intellectual Property. Represented companies in intellectual property disputes regarding the use of names and brands nationally and internationally.
Gaming. Represented a gaming company in breach of contract and fraud allegations.
Defended a Casino’s common law rights of its trademark for casino services against general registered trademark.
Entertainment. Represented production company in numerous litigations including breach of contract, personal injury, product defect, and ERISA claims.
Sports. Represented an international sporting goods company in breach of contract agreements with top athletes from around the world.
Represented a paraplegic in a lawsuit against an insurance company for full compensation based upon terms of the policy.
Defended prominent computer manufacturer against breach of contract claims involving more than 40 million dollars in claimed damages.
Represented a software company in breach of contract claim involving millions of dollars.
Mortgage Fraud/Breach of Contract. Obtained a Defense Verdict after a jury trial in Federal Court in the District of Nevada plus an award of costs and attorneys fees for an international securities firm.
Product Liability Litigation
- Represented multiple automotive companies in wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and brain damage cases.
- Represented the largest generic drug manufacturer in the world, in several thousand product liability actions. The liabilities were in excess of a billion dollars. After nine months of trial all cases were settled or dismissed. The cases were litigated in state, federal courts and before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Lead trial counsel for a pharmaceutical company in the 500 Fen-Phen trials set in Reno and Las Vegas Nevada.
- Represented a gas company in the largest explosion in Nevada history.
- Represented a power company in a multimillion-dollar power plant case regarding alleged defective generators.
- Represented an international crane company in a products liability case. The trial resulted in a win, five weeks after the engagement.
- Represented companies in DOJ investigations.
- Represented a company being investigated by the U.S. Attorney's Office for alleged art fraud.
- Responsible for investigations related to sexual harassment and sexual assault for major corporations, school districts, and religious organizations.
- Represented banks and securities companies in litigation involving mortgages and loans with allegations of RICO, fraud and SEC violations.
- Represented companies regarding business fraud and money laundering.
- Represented small business in DOJ and DEA investigations.
- Represented national non-profit company in internal investigations and replacement of the Board.
- Represented Officers, Directors and key employees in litigation involving bread of fiduciary duties and sexual harassment.
- Represented business executive regarding millions of dollars of executed lines of credit.
- Represented a power company in electrocution and wrongful death cases.
- Tried several debilitating brain injury cases and delivered one case $34 million less than the offer of judgment.
- Represented several companies, including paint manufacturers in fire cases dealing with extensive monetary losses, lifetime medical care and death cases.
- Defended an international transportation company in a personal injury case that had potential exposure in the millions.
- Represented injured plaintiffs against automotive companies.
- Represented medical doctors in wrongful death and malpractice actions.
- Represented hospitals in malpractice claims.
- Represented hospitals regarding allegations of fraudulent billing claims.
- Represented medical service company in breach of contract, fraud and RICO claims.
- Represented airlines in product liability cases.
- Represented airlines in liability litigations.
- Spent three years bringing a startup airline into service which included negotiation of airplane purchases in Europe and flight routes in Japan. The company was brought on line with record processing of its FAA certification.
Sports and Entertainment Industry
- Represented an NBA player in a criminal case, resulting in all charges being dismissed.
- Represented a world champion boxer in multiple litigations.
- Represented International Sports Management Group in potential litigation with several of the world's top tennis players and helped settle disputes related to international tournaments and an international retail company.
- Represented a professional football player regarding a fraud and embezzlement case resulting in all charges being dropped.
- Represented several professional athletes in a sports memorabilia fraud case.
- Represented sports companies regarding contracts and marketing agreements with athletes.
- Represented an international sporting goods company in breach of contract agreements with top athletes from around the world.
- Represented production company in numerous litigations including breach of contract, personal injury, product defect, and ERISA claims.
- Represented an HOA in a construction defect litigation that resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement.
- Represented a development project with more than 400 million dollars alleged in construction defects.
- Represented contractor in multimillion dollar dispute.